Saturday, July 9, 2011

{ ITS ONE OF THOSE DAYS }



So this last week was filled with quite a few "one of those days". I don't know what Claire's deal was and maybe it was my deal, but this week was a little hard for me. Every nap seemed a little shorter, the babe seemed a little bit fussier, I seemed a little less patient, and everything else just seemed a little bit more difficult than usual. It just seemed like it was one thing after another. For example, after what seemed like a long sleepless night, Claire woke up bright and early, and after being awake for a couple hours, it was apparent to me that she was ready for a nap. I went through our usual routine, and as I was giving her the last bit of formula, she starts dry heaving. I think it was the lack of sleep, but I just couldn't react. Any other time I would have turned her away or in a direction where she was free to yack all over. But nope. I stood up and let her yack all down the front of me and then onto the white chair and ottoman in her room (SO this is why moms avoid white furniture. And here I thought I could some how magically pull off white furniture. WRONG.). A breakdown followed shortly. That event was just the beginning of my very long week. The rest involved multiple blowouts, getting Claire's poop all over, including under my finger nails (sick, Sick, SICK, SICK, SICK!!), another throw up incident in Claire's crib where she rubbed her face all in it (see pictures. And yet she was still so happy), and lastly Claire was teething. So this week was looooong. And I am more than happy that it is over. Here's to embracing the weekend with open arms. Oh and lets pray that next week is much much better.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no!!! That sounds miserable!!! What an awful week! I'm so sorry! How was your day today? I need to come visit you before I go out of town on Friday!!

    ReplyDelete