Monday, April 18, 2011

{ WE ARE SO BLESSED }





































I have been meaning to blog about this FOREVER it seems. I finally decided to stop being lazy and get to it. When we were in California last, we had Claire blessed in my home ward. Can I just say how nerve racking it is?? Maybe I am the only one that feels this way, but I was nervous for Brian. I knew he would do great but I know how I get when I have to do anything in front of a large group (sweating uncontrollably, Shaky, maybe even an occasional stutter. Ok maybe that last one was a slight exaggeration. I just wanted to express how much I hate doing anything in front of large groups.) So I was a wee bit anxious for him. I kept turning to him and asking " Are you nervous?". The first few times he said no, but then I think me being nervous made him a little nervous and maybe even slightly annoyed. Silly me. Well he got up there and did great. I really had nothing to worry about considering he got an A in his public speaking class. On the other hand, if it were me up there it would have been a sad story. I mean I couldn't even teach our class of 11 year olds without having a panic attack. Anyway not only did he do a great job, but Claire didn't make a peep. So I could actually hear her blessing. It was perfect. Afterward, my family and a few friends headed over to the my parents house for a lunch in. Everything was oh so yummy, and I felt so blessed to have the amazing family and friends that I do. Once the irrational worrying was over, it was an absolute perfect day.

No comments:

Post a Comment