Monday, February 22, 2010

{ COMPLETE HUMILIATION }



This last week I received an oh so enticing email from the knot saying, if I submitted our wedding photos, we would have chance at winning a trip to Maui. I'm sure those chances are very small but I figured how could it hurt? So I did. While filling out the information needed to submit my photos, it requested my email address. Well one of my email addresses happens to be somewhat embarrassing. Ok, it's really embarrassing; so much so that I have only revealed it to a select few. I created it at a time of complete immaturity, and for whatever reason I have yet to get rid of it. So I filled out the email portion and my email address then became my username. So I submitted the photos and later came to find out that they had been chosen as one of the many, yet few, editor's pick. I was so thrilled because this had to mean I was that much closer to winning that trip to Maui, right??? So while I was showing Brian that we had indeed been chosen as editor's pick, he started to giggle as he read aloud, "Love bird, shabby chic wedding. Submitted by Rancidfruitbag (Bride)". I just about died!! I knew that awful email address would come to haunt me one of these days. It was bad enough when my in-laws discovered it, but this was far worse. How in the world was I supposed to win a trip to maui with such a username as rancidfruitbag? Well, after a day of being completely humiliated, I can now laugh at myself. So check it out for yourself! You can laugh too if you would like. I'm sure you aren't the first.
~L

3 comments:

  1. I have tears in my eyes. That is hilarious!!!!! What a lovely wedding brought to us by rancidfruitbag. I am laughing so loudly, I must explain to mr wicke. Thank you for making my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha ha ha ha! You have to admit it takes a very awesome person to make up an email address like that, and then have such a glorious wedding to follow it. I am laughing out loud and afraid someone's going to ask me what's so funny (yes, I check blogs at work. Obsession).

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I always always check blogs. I don't know if you noticed but under my interests I put blog stalking. Anyway, I am happy that I was able to make you both laugh a little today. It is a great story. Thats why I chose to share it with all of you.

    ReplyDelete